Monday, June 08, 2009

the hills ARE alive

Salzburg, Austria!
Our hotel
The hotel lobby. Behind me to the right is the computer where I e-mailed many of you.
our room

Two men having a chess dual in the town square.

Traditionally fathers bring their daughters when they're 13 to take a ride through town in one of these carts.

This is the church which I have dubbed the surround sound cathedral.


There were 5 organs shooting to every point in the church.

Mozart's house

We climbed up to a castle way up on the hill that you will see later to take this one and the next one. Below me is the town square.

This is the Untersberg Mountain that Maria talks about.


Jen and I up in the catacombs looking down into the graveyard that they used for the Sound of Music, except I didn't know I was there...
Our tour bus
The back of the house that they used and the lake that they came rowing up in.
We legally can't get up close to the house that they used for the front but these are the trees that they hung out of and you can see just a bit of the yellow wall that she walks down beside.

And you know what that is!!!
This is the Abby that they used. Sorry I grabbed this as we drove past in the bus.


The church where they were "married"


It's SO much smaller in real life then it looks in the movie


The bridge they run down

The Do-Re-Mi steps, and that castle in the background is the one we climbed up to.
They bop this guy on the head
and run down this tunnel
One of the very best days of the trip.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I felt like I was there again seeing your pictures. I can understand why it woulda' been the BEST day of your trip!