Monday, June 08, 2009

the great UK

Sorry these got out of order and I can't figure out how to fix that unless someone knows and wants to tell me. But England was our last stop. There aren't very many pictures because my camera was dead by this point and I already had amazing ones from when I was there with my family. But I stole some from Jen so here are a few of the highlights.


The first day we were there was some sort of holiday and they had a big marathon that prevented us from seeing the changing of the guard and shut down half the city.

There's a name for this church and I can't remember it for the life of me, but it was significant because it's known it's work with the poor and needy. They also have concerts there once or twice a day and this is the one I went to. VERY good and it was even free!

Our rooms were VERY small here. There was hardly room to walk around your bed and as Abby demonstrates you could wash your hair, go the the bathroom, and wash your hand all at the same time.

There are SO many dogs in Europe. You can bring them with you anywhere--into stores, on the trains, in restaurants. It's great.
Westminster

Our illustrious leaders and Jackie

Waiting for the evening service at Westminster.


This was inside the War Museum. One of the best I have ever been in. To elaborate more would just take too much of your time but I will say they even had places where you could experience and air raid with shaking floors and everything, and also what it would be like to be in a trench. Plus what it would be like to be in a submarine and you got chances to looked through a pariscope and bottom the boat successfully.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Abby's demonstration reminds me of how we can do everything we need to from our seat at the table in our Casita on this trip! Yes, right cozy is one way to put it. - England is beautiful, but sorry you missed the changing of the guard. You saw it before though probably.