Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sneaking to the boy's dorm!

Traditions, and random, fun weird things, were what made my high school experience so I decided to make a memory tonight. I thought it up weeks ago while lying in bed trying to sleep somewhere during the early morning hours. But it was just this week that I finalized it.

At 9:40 Rosa pulled the fire alarm to which the girls were all disgusted. We have to have monthly ones so... hey at least I didn't pull it at 3 am. They were completely grumpy about it until I told them the reason they had been called. We were sneaking up to the boys dorm! ELATION, screaming, jumping up and down. BOYS, the word sends energy through academy girls like nothing else in the world. Suddenly I had a pack of giggly ladies that wouldn't listen to a thing I said. They all had to go change. (good grief it's pitch black outside!) But we managed to get them together and mostly quiet...eventually.

We snuck up boys dorm hill and gathered in a pack then broke out in screams, which were supposed to contain something to do with the fact that we had cookies, but they just couldn't stop screaming and giggling so I lost my voice trying to make some sense of it all. Don't know why I tried. Suddenly the girls got sick of standing there and started beelining it for the door. Wait a minute! WRONG! Did we miss the part of the speech where we were FORBIDDEN to place a toe across the threshold? Dean Stephanie turns into a prize winning sheep dog lickety split. I corralled them feet from the door where stunned boys were clustering. One boy was audibly thanking God for the arrival of 50 girls to his doorstep. The girls were screaming so loud that the boys RA's couldn't even announce what was happening. This was not how it was planned, but when boys meet girls, hormones apparently cannot be squelched. We stood there with cookies, they stood in the door...and wouldn't move. weird...

Finally the boys somehow got the go ahead, from where I don't know. Couples found each other like suction cups, cookies forgotten. (*rolls eyes* really now guys... come on. )

Of course after all the excitement there were boys trying to go to the girls dorm and girls trying to stay in the boys dorm, but Dean Josh and I managed to move them in the right direction, and overall I'd say that the evening was quite a success, and way too much fun. Memory made...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well. Did you bake all those cookies?????? That was a sweet message you left on the phone. It was nice after a long day at work. This was well written. Mom

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

HA HA HA HA HA. You're an amazing writer. This reminds me of my own memory from MPA except when we got up to the boys dorm they were ready with water balloons... HMMMM... It took me a long time to get over that "can't go near the boy's dorm" feeling when I got to Southern.

Anonymous said...

And they are all still talking about it! I'm SO glad you are here this year! You are doing a fantastic job and the girls love you!

Unknown said...

sheesh... how come none of MY assistant deans ever did anything this cool???? *sigh*