Friday, October 12, 2007

From the Sister-In-Law

I've been perusing through blogs which all seem to be filled with engagement pictures, and just feeling so overwhelmed. I'm so happy I can't contain myself. I could write books about it. Maybe I will someday. Or we'll just keep that for the toasts. (Why do they call them toasts? Makes no sense.) Really we're just consolidating some of the best families on the planet. But most of all it just proves that God really is out there, planning lives and putting people in other's paths to create things that are so much better then what we ever could have expected.

But to the real reason for my excitement....

Over 15 years ago two very serious little girls sat over a game of aggravation discussing matters at hand when we made an unbreakable oath. It was decided and promised that if Jaclyn and Ryan H. were to marry (which was looking very probable at the time.) that Amy and I would have no choice but to get married ourselves. It is with great joy that I can now announce that we are FREE AT LAST!

1 comment:

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

The four of us read this together... And I admit, I shed a tear... until I got to the second part. I'm SO glad you're free, too! And I think you're truly right, these are some of the best family mergers in history!