Sunday, October 14, 2007

Friends are the family we make for ourselves...

Some pictures from last weekend... Jenn and I went down to Coolidge-my favorite place on earth. well not quite but pretty close.
I got a phone call that weekend from Bonny Musgrave. Paul's dad had died and they were looking into flying Tanya home from Majuro for the funeral. The circumstances were awful but lucky me got to see Tanya!!!!

Not that she would have... but she sure hasn't changed much. There are a few more things she's added into her vocabulary that are influences of the island. She makes some weird sound with her tongue when she's frustrated now.

Sabbath afternoon we got to take a short walk down to the auditorium where she was going to practice for her special music she was singing at the memorial. Problem was it took forever to get to the song cause we were talking too much. We used to do that SO often when we were in high school together. Except this time we didn't have to hope that the auditorium was open cause I have a key! I needed to talk to her so badly. letters just hadn't been cutting it. Response time is dreadfully slow if you know what I mean.
Saturday night Desmond came up from GCA, Nick who is some sort of relation like a cousin maybe? to tanya and his girlfriend Alicia (who we went to high school with us actually) came over from collegedale. We kept to another tradition and went down town for coffee. They have a double decker bus from England that they've made into a little shop. Coolest place ever.


The tables are chalk boards. This is Tanya's flower that she always draws. I'd missed it. Funny how even the little things become so much more important.
Tomorrow she leaves me again. I think I'm going to be depressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - I'm so thankful, more than you know, that through all the trials and years of teenagedom (I know it's not a word) that you, Jennifer, Tanya, Grace, Robin, and Lori have remained good friends. Thank you for being "family" to Jenn. - her Mom