Friday, August 25, 2006

Blankets Beware!

Last night around 12:30 mass confusion struck in the form of a fire alarm. I did not understand what was going on at first all I knew is that there was an extrememly loud noise that I HAD to get away from. It had woken me out of a very deep sleep rendering me very confused. I knew I had to get out of the building but couldn't find my shoes and the usually quick and easy option of grabbing a warm blanket failed me. It would not come off the bed! Somewhere in this desparate scramble I looked for Tanya. No lump in the bed and she wasn't coming when I called. I grabbed what looked like my keys and charged out the door holding my ears. They mean business when they are trying to wake you up around here cause they put a very loud alarm in every room.

Thinking about it now I took the longest way possible out of the dorm. When I finally reached some sort of awakeness I became aware of what was going on and I started to look for Tanya. Suddenly there she was with "way to look out for your roommate there and just leave her in the room!" I don't understand how there can be such a delayed reaction in waking up! and I don't know what I was doing. I was so amazingly confused.

The girls had no idea what was going on and where to go so like the smart college student they are they all huddled up right next to the building. Well then you kinda had to cause that's where the RA's were to check you in! The fire trucks came and found nothing. I found that I was cold and missing my blanket. Shoes would have been wonderful. But instead I was holding a pair of sunglasses. Guess just in case the blaze got a little too bright. Atleast I did SOMETHING rigth and brought my keys. Who knows what was wrong but this is what I found.



I don' t know what my blanket has against me but it obviously wasn't coming along. I too now hold a grudge.

5 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

Let's clarify... that was MY blanket. :-)

Surfs Up said...

Wow, what an exciting start to your year! How do you like school so far?

Ryan

MJ said...

I love this picture - you lost that battle! They're starting with fire alarms awful early in the year, eh? We had one at CA already too. Earliest ever I do believe.

Gilligan said...

lol, oh wow looks like hurricain "Stephanie" hit the room with Waddlesworth as one of the casualties. :)

whisperer said...

hehehe. What a funny funny girl! Jaclyn would have to focus on "her" blanket! :) Glad it was nothing serious.

Cheri