Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cursed...

I had a couple days where I was...mostly... off before I went on deaning duty for a week, so Rosa and I went up on the Parkway. I love it up there. Which is a good thing because after this excursion, added to the last, I'm getting a little annoyed with the place. I was looking up hiking spots on line and found one that said it had the best panoramic view in NC, so that's where we went. We set off on this trail that went straight up for forever. When we thought we'd reached near the top... yeah we hadn't cause you couldn't see anything so we kept going, but this time down, and you know where we ended up? another parking spot on the parkway!!!! I WALKED TO A PARKING LOT! Why do they even make that kind of trail? I was pretty annoyed cause it wasn't even that great of a trail considering it was straight up!

Ok so the view from the parking lot was nice... But did I mention that the trail was straight up??? and I COULD HAVE JUST DRIVEN THERE! *shakes head*

Not that I'm opposed to hiking. That's what I went to do! But I'm all for hiking to a destination. Hiking with a purpose.

This is my housemate Rosa... just in case you didn't know.

2 comments:

Surfs Up said...

That looks like a beautiful place to go hiking, but what a shock for the trail!! I might be there this weekend before Tara's wedding. Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would
really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme.
Thanks a lot

My website This Site