Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Present

It's now officially been about a week since I got home. I'm still coughing my head off which is driving me nuts... But other then that, it's been fairly relaxing. Haven't spent an entire day doing nothing yet but that really is a good thing. I've done tons of shopping. Been to every mall within a 45 minute radius (that would be three) and then some free standing stores and an outlet mall. I love shopping during Christmas even though I despise shopping in general. Everybody is so much more happy. Ok maybe some are rather greedy. But the kids! The kids are great. "Can I see santa? I want this for Christmas, and this, and this and this! Can we open presents tonight? just one? pullleeeze?" (ok maybe the last one was me)

Last weekend Mom, Dad, and I went to New Bern. It's like a small Williamsburg, complete with a palace. They put on quite the Christmas show Saturday night. There's Senora Bella that does stunts (like juggling fire on a slack rope) and carol singers and fife and drums and ball room/country dancing! Did I mention the endless cider and ginger cookies? (definately not sick for that part) And then the governors wife and cook get in a fight in the palace. (ooops I wasn't supposed to say anything.) For the record the cook should have won. Rich pushy people...

We'll come back to that...


The lovely vistors center which I know you all wish to see. (Ok so maybe just the sign) But I'm in it so it's definately worth the viewing.

mmm Hershey's... Why am I sick again? Let's pretend I'm not.

This is the view from our hotel room balcony. Lucky huh?


Apparently the pigeons like it too because they had church there Sunday morning. This is about half of them.


Back to the Palace (much prettier on the inside). The final event was fireworks, complete with the governor trying to sing carols that he didn't know. Rather funny really. Before the show a poor lady next to me became quite distraught because we were sitting on some stairs and there were people in front of her standing, "blocking the view." Perhaps where she comes from fireworks don't make it to the sky.

All things considered it was quite a nice weekend. Most Christmas fun I've had yet!

Today Dad and I went to the history museum. One of the workers there I guess was bored and wanted to talk. In fact he wouldn't let me go. Our main topic of conversation was College. He gave me the impression that he'd like to go but had never been. But one thing will always stick in my mind. He asked me "are you a Christian?" When I told him that I was he said, "I knew you were! You have that glow." I've always heard that if I'm a Christian I am supposed to have one but always thought that was something people just said. Either way it made me feel kinda special...and very aware of my face. So much so that I think I completely lost the rest of the conversation. Am I glowing now? How about now? What do I look like when I'm glowing exactly?


Hopefully nothing like this. Anyway... Until next time, Merry Christmas Ya'll!

No comments: