Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Chef Extraordinaire

While most of you are most likely mourning the loss of Christmas and the fact that all your presents are open I still happen to have Christmas ahead of me. Since Jaclyn didn't get home until today We've pushed it back until tomorrow with Christmas dinner on Thursday and family coming Friday. In other words we've decided to party all week.

Last year I got in a cookie baking frenzy, this year it's just a frenzy. I've spent the last two evenings baking. I wonder at times why my family lets me do these things. It's amazing to me I haven't killed myself. You think I'm kidding! For instance, I picked up a pot off the stove and went to pour out it's contents. To help myself with this task I grabbed the bottom of the pot...let me remind you I had just taken it off of the stove.

Poor Dad tried to enter the kitchen but left covered in broken up candy cane. I had been smashing it for a recipe and am still finding it attached to my clothes and on kitchen appliances. Add the flour and sugar and nuts and you might as well eat the kitchen floor. I can't help that I'm a messy cook.

Speaking of mess I was reminded why I hate making fudge. flour in your hair is one thing but marshmallows are entirely too much.

But to make a long and messy story short, on today's menu we have: peanut butter fudge, white chocolate mint candy, granola bar thingys, butterscotch cookies, Chex mix, and sherbet all awaiting your fattening. Come back Thursday for Christmas dinner topped with Heath Bar Cake.

Goodness... I'm going to have to waddle back to school. Thank goodness for company.

No comments: