Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back "Home" Again

After a very long week of work I got a lovely four day weekend off.

Thursday night Lori, Sarah, Grace and I all had somewhat of a going away party for Grace (who is leaving me next or this...not sure... week!!!) It was truly sad I must tell you. You know my diet, Lori is on a much stricter one, and Grace had just had her wisdom teeth out. So for potatoes for instance, Sarah and I had cut boiled and seasoned, Lori had cut boiled and unseasoned, and Grace had mashed and seasoned. We became very good short order cooks. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that. My camera's batteries were dead and since it was a quick thing didn't get the chance to charge them...

Then later Jenn showed up at my house and Grace came over and they spent the night at my apartment. This was all while I was still on duty so we had fun walking up and down the halls meeting the girls, and they thought it was just great to meet my friends. Who would have thought that we would all be sitting in the dean's office like that? We had a great time. I do have pictures of that but they are at home and I am currently in Collegedale.

I arrived at about 2 on Friday. Jaclyn and I went to PF Changs for lunch. They have a gluten free menu GOD BLESS THEM!!! and I found a really amazingly good dish that I shall now always order. It was better then Jaclyn's normal one. Do you know how often that happens? NEVER!

Then we went for Marble Slab ice cream and to see "No Reservations" which was very well done we both thought. Upon exiting we found it pouring raining. Jaclyn was very excited since it has apparently been a waste land here. The only problem was that she had to go get the car. (hey I offered) We both remembered the car to be in a different location then it was so she spent some time in the opposite side of the parking lot, when the car was two parking spaces away from where I was standing waiting.

The end result was a drenched Jaclyn. Here she's a tad more dry.
Sabbath, Ryan came over for breakfast and Jaclyn pulled out the camera.
Taking pictures with him around becomes almost impossible because you CAN'T stop laughing!

Due to the move the Heilmans have been going through and cleaning out. So we got to have some fun with the old toys that we used to play with.
We even found Ryan's favorite story that he used to be able to quote word for word.

Two more days and 50 more people to see. SO many people live here. It's like marathon visiting. But have I ever mentioned how much I love this place???

1 comment:

Surfs Up said...

Those are great pictures of you guys Sabbath morning. And it is nice that it finally rained. Collegedale is a nice place to live!