Monday, February 23, 2009

Ha Ha-ing in the Margins

Ever feel like the bible isn't real? Like the people in it were not like you at all? Perhaps that's just me, but I am here today to tell you that they were real and in so many ways just like us. Why do I say this, well because today I found a verse that just made me giggle. Proverbs 27:14

If you shout a pleasant greeting to your neighbor too early in the morning, it will be counted as a curse!

There you have it. King Solomon was not a morning person. HA HA HA HA! God bless him for that. I think it's hilarious! And that's in the Bible and it wasn't a mistake that it was put there. Good to know God cares about those little funny things enough to give them mention.

4 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

I'm shaking my head at you. I could have guessed Solomon wasn't a morning person.

Carrie said...

Here here! Thank you Solomon!

Amber Hill said...

I found that verse a few years ago and showed it to my dad, who is always loud in the mornings. Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.

whisperer said...

I always knew that Solomon was a wize guy!