Monday, September 22, 2008

the weekend

This weekend was Task Force/Student Missionary Re-Entry Retreat. It was really quite useful. Crazily enough I am having culture shock of my own. Adjusting back has just been crazy difficult and being able to talk with other sm/tf helped me process a lot of it.

This is where I slept. The temp was perfect. I wish you could see the mountains better in this video...




Sat afternoon we went on a hike and to make a long story short I ran into a nest of yellow jackets. The girl right behind me ended up in the ER.


This picture doesn't do them justice but this is what part of one of my arms looks like. I would love to cut my arms off. I iced one of these things down for twenty minutes yesterday and when I touched it it was still boiling hot while the skin around it was somewhat cool but numbing them like that is the only relief I've gotten.

This blog does not do the weekend justice either but this week has been extremely crazy and I started this at one point so I had to finish it. Please pray for us over here in the village this week. We really need it. I'm beyond exhausted and it's only tuesday morning with three tests left to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is great. The stings aren't. We pray for you every day.
Love,
Dad