Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Van Gogh Proteges

Well thanks to the fact that my camera hasn't been working and then Grace's dying I don't have the pictures of some of my birthday weekend. There are a few on Jaclyn's blog.

It was another memorable birthday. Started on Thursday evening when my girlfriends took me to me an expensive restaurant and ended Monday night when "the family" had me over for some more ice cream pie. Mom and Dad came up. They haven't been around for my birthday probably since I turned 16? so it was nice.

I'm not a teenager anymore. Kinda scary really. The teens were always where it was at. You were allowed to act stupid cause most teenagers did. Comes with the job. In the movies, the cool people were in high school. I remember wanting to be them so badly and now I'm older then them!!! what in the world! Now I really have to be an adult. How boring. What I have to look forward to: bills and big decisions. Yeah I know that some of you are thinking " just wait until you turn 40" but this is my current personal crisis. :) But really I love this stage of life. Much more then high school. I love the independence, being at Southern, and even the responsibility occasionally. Anyway there's my two cents you didn't really want.

On to something more interesting... Me, Grace, and Tanya went to Clay and Stitches to paint some pottery on my birthday... It's turned out to be quite famous.



For those of you that don't know I happen to like SOME of Van Gogh's paintings, Starry Night being one of my favorite. It's hard to paint that kind of a painting on pottery because you have to usually do three coats of paint and you couldn't really tell where each color was to do another coat so...We made it a little more abstract then even the original but I think it does it justice.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

it turned out really cool stephanie! oh, to go to clay & stitches again

Anonymous said...

Thay is so cool! What a great treasure you have. mom

Anonymous said...

The plate looks really professional. Did you know that Van Gogh was a preacher's kid?

"Vincent" by Don McLean
http://www.geocities.com/sk_1972_10_sk/94a-DonMcLean_Vincent.wav

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

Carrie, I say we make a clay and stitches date this summer, I don't know when but we should do it! I'm gonna have to check up on this preacher's kid van gough thing, that's crazy. I bet his dad's parishioners thought he was going worldly for all that abstractness or something.