Sunday, October 22, 2006

Together Again

I have a large family. Mom says its about 65. This weekend, quite a few of us got together at Prince William Forrest. When one says that they are going to a family reuion there's an imediate stigma of "yuk." But really this had to be the greatest family reunion ever.












Jaclyn and I drove the 8 1/2 hours from TN to VA. Got a little bored, and even stopped to see the view but made it faster then the predicted mapquest timing. Is that bad?




The facilities consited of a big mess hall and quite a few cabins. The kitchen was huge, which we needed for such a large group.




Mom and I take on the English Muffins. It's called toasting in bulk.












This is my Uncle Kit witha slight Mohawk. Note to self: never give him a bell to wake everybody up MOM, he might not stop cause he enjoys it too much.

New favorite family memory-Jumping over a wall with him, my aunt and my cousin to get to our car in a possessed parking garage.


















These were the cabins. No way of keeping the absolute fridged air out. Very primative but TOTALLY cool. Despite the mice in the wall... I wanted to be a kid again cause my imagination was running wild. But did I mention it was cold? At time I thought I might freeze. Showers were the utmost torture. Probably cause I always got up too late to get a warm one. The fire in the mess hall was the best place to be.



Lindsey and I won the family tree contest. Reward= getting to tell everybody else the answers. (for the record, WARD CHEATED OFF OUR PAPERS!) As you can see we had a little bit of fun with it.







Here are the first cousins... Well a little over half of us anyway. I find it really sad that I don't see these people very much. When I spent time talking with them I remembered just how wonderful they really are. Lindsey and I were instantly inseparable again, just like when we were little. Ward kept saying, "here come the twins." Which brings me to another new favorite memory-Lindsey and I pushing him in a wheel barrow and then visa versa. Oh, and did I mention I got Brent to drink carob! Muah ha hah! It was SOOOO hard to say goodbye cause who knows when I'll see them again.



Uncle Ronnie ran the games. This particular one we were supposed to untangle ourselves. It was really the easiest thing in the world to do except that Dale thought it would be funny to tell us we had to spin clockwise twice and make loops. Yeah whatever. I TRUSTED YOU! This was a moment of exasperation. Am I crying or laughing? Probably both.






Then there was the mummy wrap. We SOOO won. It was rigged because the ref was the grandfater the of the team that won.


I had so much fun I can't begin to describe it all on here or even if I was talking to you. I love my family I do. I love that it's big and I love the people that make it up. I just wish Grandma was still here to see it.





So anyway, there's a few in short cause I've come back late to undone homework. :( Plus I'm missing quite a few pictures that reside on Dad's camera. So maybe I'll get those on here later. Don't laugh, it's not impossible, even for busy me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at the family reunion pics and hearing about it. And I have to say, this is probably the first time in 40 years I've ever seen Renee wearing jeans! Glad you guys had a fun reunion. ;o)