Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the night life

I was making my bed when I happened to look at the clock. CRUD! nine minutes to get to the other side of campus and statistics class. How in the world would I manage this? A quick look in the mirror found a monster instead of me. Shower, I need a shower...in 9 minutes. This was never going to work. Why hadn't I been looking at the time?! Running into the bathroom I started to hear my sister call my name. Deciding to ignore her I continued to get ready but she wouldn't stop gently calling my name as though she were trying to wake me up. Finally in exasperation I yelled "what!" which was enough to actually, wake me up. glancing at the clock in real time I found that CRUD! I WAS late.

Now tell me how I knew that? Somehow in my sleep I knew I was late, and that I needed to go take a shower. My sister does not obviously live with me but I had it in my head that someone was coming to wake me up since I apparently hadn't set my alarm clock. I think that's crazy weird.

But get this one. The other night, WHILE SLEEPING, I was watching a movie with friends in my dream. I knew that I needed to wake up and that I'd be late if I didn't but I wanted to watch the movie! When my friends commented that I better wake up I told them I would as soon as I got to my favorite scene. So here I am, fast asleep, becoming late, because I wouldn't allow myself to stop watching a movie in my dreams! Luckily Tanya woke up and started moving around, something she rarely does before me, and it was enough to wake me up. I know people who don't get up when the alarm clock goes off but what happens when your sleep makes you keep sleeping!?!

I swear I enter another world at night. It's almost like I have two personalities I just turn one off at night and turn on the other. I solve the day personality's problems, conquer the world, get chased by murderers, become the next 007, make three meals a day, go to class. When trying to put together skits for camp i have come up with some downright amazing ones in my sleep that I obviously couldn't remember when I woke up. It's like I have this creative side that comes out. I remember writing a whole broadway once and it was REALLY good! Now why can't I do that when I'm awake? No wonder I always feel tired, I'm pulling double duty. Is there something wrong with me?

No comments: