Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day With Mom

Mom came up for a few days this week to work on my dress for Jaclyn's wedding. On Tuesday afternoon we took a trip to the Biltmore House. The Vanderbilts built it and it happens to be the biggest house in the US, only 10 minutes from Pisgah, and I'd never been. Being that it's the off season they give you much cheaper tickets.

They of course do not allow pictures of the inside. It's much more modern then the ones in England and a bit smaller. Mom and I would be happy to just reside in the servants quarters. They were nicer then my bedroom. This house has a swimming pool with a personal changing room for every family member and every guest, a two lane bowling alley, and an pipe organ in the dining room!!!

The view from the back porch.

One of the green houses.

That would be us....


Mom gets dwarfed in the outdoor gardens.
If I lived here I would be the happiest person in the world. It just makes you want to meditate.

The dead gardens leading up to the house. This would be why the rates were so low.

Even their trees are special...

We also visited another country called Downtown Asheville. Yes they are an odd breed, and tho the clothing you see happens to be for a Mardi Gras parade, as Mom found out, it's really not all that abnormal.

This next picture I had to post simply because it makes me giggle.

This is my Uncle George at the parade.... No actually I've never met him before but you wouldn't know the difference now would you? I was desperately trying to get a picture of this float but was coming across some great challenges. Mr. Happy here not only had to block my picture taking, but poses and smiles as if we've known each other for years!

Here's the worst picture of the float but it was the best one that Uncle George would allow... sorry.

AND THEN!!!! I was having a bad week..errr couple of weeks and so Heather bought me flowers!!!! And let me tell you I happen to think their gorgeous.


Between Heather's flowers, Callie's Chai, and my day with Mom, I've quite recuperated from the weeks of torture. Blessed I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff.

Heather said...

I'm glad things are looking up, and you had a nice visit with you mom.

Surfs Up said...

The Biltmore does look different now than in early October.

MJ said...

I can't wait to see the Biltmore too when we come for Jaclyn's wedding. I love your pictures in the gardens and on the bridge.