Friday, February 15, 2008

Bad Advertising

So I'm driving home last night, it's about 12 am by this time, and I'm amusing myself by reading billboards.

Coming up on one I immediately notice the most adorable puppies all cuddled up in blankets; the words, soft and inviting, were scrawled across the picture. What, might you ask, are they advertising? Why steel of course! ummmm what? Not EVEN kidding you.

Continuing to speed along my eye catches a big purple billboard with white writing proclaiming, "Hey look! A big purple rectangle!" and at 70 mph that's all I got. Great job guys, you got my attention, but for what exactly? Good luck in your endeavors...whoever you are.

Quite honestly it was an interesting drive. People shouldn't be allowed to be awake and driving at that time of day really. There was the guy that flashed his lights at me for 5 minutes straight. Why? well I don't really know. I was just driving along at 5 over...or...more...maybe... Didn't even encroach upon his blessed space. But my favorite was the guy that almost got us both killed. Some something was happening on the side of the road. WE were the only two cars on the road. I was driving a good five car lengths behind him when all of the sudden this guy SLAMS on his breaks to look at what's going on on the side of the road. Suddenly I'm on his bumper. Totally took out my breaks. I mean going from 75 to 35 in seconds just isn't healthy. I tried to pass him but he speeds up and gets quite a distance ahead when all of the sudden Curious George in human form spots a lowly car parked on the side of the road. This time I was lucky to be in a different lane and shot past him at his almost stopped position. You'd think he'd never seen a broken down car before.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

i LIKE the "big purple rectangle" billboards. they're talking about teaching your kids stuff. =P

Surfs Up said...

You need to have a guy with you driving at that time of night. It sounds like some messed up people out there.