Saturday, January 12, 2008

Non Interesting Factoids

I am a messy cook....In general I'm sure I lose about a half cup of ingredients when I cook things. They could end up anywhere; the walls, the counters, the floor, my bedroom. You think I'm kidding. Flour tends to be attracted to me and follows me wherever I go. Mom remarked that she can always tell where I've been after I cook anything cause I leave food behind. This became a bigger problem today when the ingredient of choice was enchilada sauce. It tends to stain things if you know what I mean. Please excuse my red dalmatian appearance.

I am scatter brained.....There are parts of my day that never seem to enter into my train of thought. For instance, in church today I was singing along during praise service with the hymnal, a bulletin, a flyer (with my daddy on it proclaiming his new directorship. yeeeeah!) and my bible, all consuming my lap. The bible had a tendency to slide and I remember thinking I should do something about the problem. Later during the sermon as I was sizing up my surroundings I found my bible, the hymnal, the flyer, and the bulletin to be in a nice concise pile under the pew. My first thought was why is the hymnal down there? It belongs in the rack! but then I thought...wait a minute, how is ANY of it down there? I thought and thought as hard as I could for quite some time, but could not for the life of me remember committing this act of organization.

I am a night person...I might go to bed and miss something! Who wants to party at 6 am? Night life is where it's at. Think about it, which is more fun, going to a movie in the middle of the day or at night? if you said the middle of the day, I don't believe you. (either that or you're a tight wad who thrives on matinees) Work happens so much more efficiently at night. You see I have a deadline at night, therefore I get it done! I have a whole day to get it done in the morning and I can always stay in bed just a little bit longer and still make it. My eyes talk me out of a lot of things. I can stay up for forever, just don't make me get out of bed.

I am indecisive.....Don't ask me what I want to do. pleeeeeeease. I beg of you. What if I hurt your feelings and chose the wrong thing? What if you later find it totally boring? What if you don't like that kind of food? Do *I* want to do that? What if there's something else better to do. If I go here somebody else is going to call me and want to do something else! What if I go there I'd make it but what if I went there it was for sure I'd end up dying? oh the what ifs! But if you are going to sit and lolly gag around for 8 hours and be indecisive, shoot me in the head, WE'RE DOING THIS AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT!" don't ask me how that works. I abhor my own kind pretty much.

I am in love with driving....absolutely nothing beats clicking through the gears of a manual transmission. Yes, even in a lovely 4 cylinder, negative horse power car like mine. Jaclyn named him sparky for good reason, don't knock it. He doubles as a race car, you just haven't seen it yet.

I am an herbivore....No this does not classify me as a cud chewing cow. Grass is never..err...rarely found on my menu. I mean come on. Which sounds worse? Grass or a bladder? Don't get me wrong, I don't judge. I'll happily serve you up some deadness, but pass me the tofu and I'll make it taste amazing. You think I'm kidding. Rubber can be very delectable when cooked properly.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

amen! us night owls have to stick together. with you, ryan h. and me, our club is 3!

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

I think Ryan K is in your club too... Unfortunately, my club is ONE, oh wait, and dad. Anything I say to try to counteract your reasoning you will not understand... Going to a movie in the middle of the day IS more fun because it costs me less therefore meaning I can go more often, AND I won't wake up with the hangover and headache I would get if I went at 10:30 PM and stayed up til 1. If you get up in the morning and get it over with then you have hours left to do other things. However, because you are ALL night people, curses be, you all pull me over to the dark side because its the only way I can have fun with you. Maybe one day we'll have to try it my way, PLEASE... cause I'm tired...

Anonymous said...

Early to bed and early to rise and you never meet any important people.

Cheri