Saturday, January 26, 2008

Recharged

It's been a long week, and I found myself totally zonked today. But instead of the relaxing weekend, I ended up with less sleep then I started with. By this evening I was so grumpy I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't want to see another human being. I wanted to die.

But I knew that I needed people, and so I got off my rear end and went to fun depot with the kids tonight. As I was sitting in the bus on the way back with one girl's arm through mine and her head on my shoulder, and another on my lap, suddenly I wasn't even tired anymore. I swear, tho I complain at times, and sometimes more then others, I have the best job in the world. I get to do everything I love and the girls are just great! They make me laugh and cry all at the same time. I was thinking to myself the other day, I laugh a lot here. Seriously, it's probably doubled or tripled in occurence. Is it possible for your heart to swell and almost burst out of your chest? Cause tonight it did.

I'm going to be so heart broken when I leave. Not only have I grown to adore the girls, but I have also made some really lasting friendships with the staff. And they aren't just any kind of friendship. You go through a lot together, have to trust each other, and lean on their advice. I'm scared to death that when I leave it will be just like any other move I've made where we lose contact and there go some of my best friends ever. I know it's not on purpose. You just get busy with your life.

However, that's months away, and I need to stop dreading it. There's no time for that anyway, I'm having too much fun.

1 comment:

Surfs Up said...

Wow, your tone sure changed from the start of this post to the end! It sure is true that you make some strong friendships between both staff and students working a year at a boarding school.