Tuesday, June 26, 2007

So much to do, so little sleep

Sorry I'm a little late but as promised here's the pictures of the practical joke we pulled on Glenn. If you know him at all he has a favorite pair of flip flops that he absolutely loves. They broke the first week of camp so he ordered another pair. Unfortunately they aren't the fastest shipping company and for weeks we got bombarded in the office with inquiries about his flip flops arrival. When they finally came I was just about to radio him with the good news when John said, "no don't tell him! Let's switch them out for some girlie ones." So Rick bought some, Teresa added some flowers and I opened the box and replaced them leaving the warranty inside to make it look real. Not to brag, but you honestly couldn't tell at all that it had been tampered with in the least... well except for a small amount of my blood... Sharp objects and I don't always mix, but i was happy to take one for the team.


The next morning I took them with me when I went to get the mail and delivered them with the rest of the day's mail. He was extremely excited until he opened them... His first words were "Is this a joke?" However it didn't take long for us to bring him to the realization that the company had made a mistake and sent the wrong ones. Rick had to come up with a reason for him not to call the company. While Glenn was dealing with a camper situation we brought out the real ones. Rick put them on and sat waiting. When Glenn returned, it took him a minute but he saw them. Explosion would be a good describing word.

I just can't explain how much I laughed that morning.


Adventurer campers are here. I'd forgotten how tiring they are. Some of my favorite memories from the first day.

~ During sword drills at camp council one camper exclaimed when he wasn't able to get the verse fast enough, "But I have another verse! Doesn't that count?"

~ At the human spelling rotation for the ice breakers one girl exclaimed "I don't know what we are doing but I am horrified!!"

~ One dramatic camper was standing at the wall during dodge ball, when a ball hit four feet above her head she began to scream "OOOOOOUUUUUUUUCH!!!! OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUCH!!!

Meeting at Indian camp for "The Quest"

The Minstrel tells the story of Young William and his quest for knowledge.


William prepares to fight the tea drinking English people

The Woman Wise (aka Rick Faber) skips off after telling Young William the secret of the sword.


William fights off Lord Law now that he knows the secret.

Camp council song service

The hunchback of Nosoca visits for a sword drill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great joke. Great programing and costumes. I know you are having a great time.
mom

Anonymous said...

AHHH!!! i woulda paid MONEY to see that prank go down! man... i bet that was a sweet deal. come to think of it, i DO miss working in that office... always something going on! *grin*