Sunday, July 29, 2007

Today

My Tanya left me today. It was a long night. I spent a lot of the evening on the phone with my girlfriends and we were all trying to reach Tanya. I had told her to call me even if it was 3 in the morning before she got on the plane. I spent the night watching my phone, or dreaming about getting her on the plane at the airport. Finally at 5 she called me and I talked to her for probably a good hour, until she boarded.

It's hard to believe that this is all actually happening. Over a years worth of planning something that seemed so far away and now people are leaving right and left. Tanya is the first one of my five girlfriends to leave. In all honesty I feel like I'm being left behind. Yes there are a lot of my friends that are staying behind with me, specifically Jenn and Lori, but I was supposed to be leaving about now and I want to go! I really don't know how people without God do it. Because if I didn't have the assurance that this is where God wants me and that He's going to be helping me through this, I don't think I could be handling this disease/situation nearly as well. I was so frustrated and angry last night but He kept telling me, it's OK I've got better plans then Spain, ones you are going to love, and I can trust that because He created my universe and He always keeps His promises. I leave for Pisgah on Tuesday. And I'm excited to be going. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. It IS a dream I always had, even if it wasn't the one to Spain. Someday I'll go, this trip is only postponed.

I don't know if you've ever seen the movie, but we've started our own sisterhood. Not with pants, because I don't think that is physically possible, but with a journal. Tanya and I started it on our last night together at 1 am. You can tell too, because it's from the minds of people at 1 am, but I guess that's what makes it all the better. In a week I'll send it to Tanya and she'll send it to Grace. And so on...

Tanya left today, Grace leaves within the next 3 weeks (they haven't told her yet), Laura leaves Tuesday, Merrie's not far behind, Trina left a month ago... And that's only a few of us. Please pray for them, we've got some big jobs ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is it you can't go to Spain again? You have to eat no matter where you are. Can't you monitor what you eat in Spain just as well as anywhere else? Just curious.